Wednesday, September 19, 2007


I’ve been on this earth for twenty eight years, I wonder, where to begin? Some say it’s a blessing, life that is, some may think not. But I say in the end only the Lord can truly answer.

I was raised with one older brother and a step father which with him came many more cousins and step siblings. Now the fact that my biological father was not there would lead to half siblings in the future. Unlike most children these things where not kept from me. All the same I did except it pretty early. I actually enjoyed it for the simple fact that now I can say I have a bigger family then previously perceived. At any rate I was raised with a militaristic upbringing. Like most kids this led me to rebel and I became your average turn of the mill hellion on wheels. Although I was a lot worse then the norm [I gave my parents hell]. When one has such a wild streak you could imagine the discipline. I could remember military style inspections and drills. The punishments followed the same regime. Everything from pushups to sit-ups, facing the wall and physical disciplines, isolation, copying the dictionary, these are just to name a few. Now don’t get me wrong, I have no regrets or grudges against these things. My mind was very analytical, very understanding. Soon, I would find, that these things where more than just a form of discipline. They were a type of culturing or molding.

Flash forward fifteen to twenty years and the product of this upbringing has seen many foreign lands, combat, death, violence, human misery, and my own edge of life. I was able to overcome, succeed and learn. Now I am proud to claim a wonderful family, a successful career, a great thirst for knowledge, and a spirit that never quits. So I guess one could say that the roots of my life saved my life and has given me a mind to prosper.

So, some say it’s a blessing, life that is, some think not…

I say, the Lord, has answered.


Fin

No comments: